Sunday, May 27, 2012

Have I mentioned I don't like working at a grocery store?

I walk into work today at 8 o'clock.  Normally, on Sunday's I start at 7.  Today, they had me starting at 8.  My boss comes right up to me and asks if I hung up the ad yet.  I said that I just got here.  She said why.  I said because that's when YOU scheduled me!  Then I got written up for being short money on a register with a few other people.  Needless to say, I was NOT happy at all today at work.  Luckily it was only 4 hours.  After that, I went to my friends grad school graduation party.  I got to meet a lot of her family and friends.  It was a really good time.  However, of course I had to talk about what I do for a living.  Every single day I am telling people I am stuck looking for a teaching job.  I know how lucky I am to have a computer aide job and a job at a grocery store, even though I profusely hate that job!  However, when 725 people apply for 2 elementary positions, it is impossible to be positive about my situation.  It is beyond frustrating that I make very little with my two jobs while I have a masters degree.  I am too good for that grocery store.  It requires little brain power on my part.  The only reason I stay is because the money I make is my pocket money.  It works out nicely.  One day...one day I will be out of there!  That's what I keep hoping for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment