Tuesday, May 29, 2012

If at first you don't suceed, try, try again

Although I wrote my book, The Teacher That Didn't Teach almost a year ago, I am still trying to find publishers and get the word out there.  I talked to an author that comes to my school every few months today.  She asked if I had an agent and I told her I have no money for one.  She told me they are free.  For some reason, I thought I would have to pay a lot of money for an agent.  I guess not!  So now I am going to start sending query letters to agents.  If I get an agent, he/she will help me with making my book better and they are in charge of sending it to publishers.  An agented book has a much better chance of getting published than a nonagented book.  We will see if I can land an agent!  I just gotta keep trying!  Speaking of getting the word out there... My book will be mentioned in the Unwind section of the Times Union newspaper this Sunday June 3!  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment