Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Goal

I have had this idea in my head for a very long time.  Unfortunately, since I am not a classroom teacher yet, I have not been able to utilize it.  However, I don't want to be a hypocrite when the time comes.  Therefore, I am going to start my idea TONIGHT.  When I have my own classroom, I want my students to write a few sentences (or more) about whatever they are thinking at that moment at the end of each day or as homework (I haven't decided yet).  They can write about how the day went, what they are thinking and feeling, what they are looking forward to do, what they aren't looking forward to, etc.  The possibilities are endless.  I will tell my students that no one will read their journals besides myself.  The ultimate goal with this project is for students to get their thoughts on paper and look back on this years from now and remember the moments they had throughout their lives.  It will be a way for them to express themselves.  They can write if they are angry about something or anything else that is happening in their lives.  Since I want my students to do this, I will do this, too.  HOPEFULLY, I will write a post each night about how my day went and what I am thinking. (Unless I am on a cruise like I will be in 3 months!!!)

So... here it goes!

Thursday May 24, 2012

I am greatly looking forward to the weekend.  I have been working so hard lately and been very busy reading about publishing my book, working, working out, and trying to promote my book via social media.  Memorial Day weekend is finally here.  That means I get my Saturday and Monday off.  I am still working at a grocery store on Sunday's.  Today I worked out in the morning and had a very busy day at work.  Teachers needed wires fixed, laptops fixed, and help setting up technology.  Students were all using the color printer at once, and the printer decided to be slower than dirt.  No complaints!  I like keeping busy at work!  On the bright side, my grandparents took the entire family out to an Italian Restaurant for dinner tonight.  The reason was because my mom went over to their house to help them with a few things, so they decided to take us ALL out as a thank you.  Thanks, mom!    I am excited about tomorrow nights game 6 in the New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers Eastern Conference Finals series!  If Devils win, they go to the finals!  It's only 9:16 and I am completed EXHAUSTED.  Hopefully I will get a good nights sleep on this humid night!  The great thing about waking up each day is that no matter how scheduled and planned your day is, it is still going to have unpredictable twists and turns that you will have to work your way through.  We will see what tomorrow brings!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment