Sunday, March 22, 2015

Memorable Day

There are two reasons this has been a day I won't forget. I'll tell you one reason today and one tomorrow. My friend and I bought tickets to the NCAA tournament in Charlotte since today's games were at 12:10 and 2:40. I got home at about 8:30. If the games were any later, we would not have gone. I was nice and drove us both the 2 and a half hours each way. We were probably about 20 miles into the trip when I see flashing lights behind me. I pull to the side assuming the cop wants to pass me. Nope. He pulls behind me. Oh no. I have never been pulled over in my 11 years of driving until today. He asks me why he pulled me over and then he said it was because I was going 70 in a 55. He asks me if there is anything on my license that would cause me to go out in cuffs. I tell him no. He says that he would check and if it's clean then I'd go on my way with a warning. He comes back about 5 minutes later and says, "Do you want the bad news or the good news first? The bad news is that you have two warrants out for your arrest. The good news is that I'm just kidding. Drive slower out there and have a good day." Phew! I got lucky. He then followed me for about 10 miles where I went no faster than one mile over the speed limit. I'll tell you the second part of why it was such a memorable day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment