Saturday, April 12, 2014

14-16 Hours

I talked to a principal at another school last week and he asked me how much time I spend a day doing teacher related things. He said that most teachers put 14-16 hours into each day. I never thought about it that way. It makes sense though. I am now at school from about 7:20-5 Monday through Thursday. That's almost 10 hours. I am doing something school related the entire time. Then when I get home I am typically filling out some sort of paper work or making lesson plans or something. I don't think I spend 14-16 hours, but I definitely spend 11-12 most days. Naturally we only get paid for 8 hours a day. Being a teacher is one of the few professions where you do just as much work outside of the work place as you do in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment