Monday, April 7, 2014

Yet Another 5K

Apparently I'm a better runner than I thought I was. When I was a kid in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, I ran in the cross country track meet. That was a one mile race. I would typically get between 70th-90th out of about 100 runners because I was heavy and very slow. Saturday, I got 6th out of about 185 runners. My time for 3.1 miles was 22:47, which is by far my best. I got 1st in my age group. They didn't give away medals this race. For getting first in my age group, I got a $20 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods. I felt like I was crawling at some points of the race. I was able to finish very hard, which is always good. I really enjoy doing these 5K's because I am able to push myself and see how fast I can go. I hope to do another 5K in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment