Monday, October 27, 2014

Reason number 43940 why I need to Move back to New York

I found out the most ridiculous thing the other day. While doing my first quarter grades tonight, I cringed while doing this. We are not allowed to give lower than a 60% for the quarter. You read that correctly. I have to bump up grades that are lower than a 60. I had a kid with a 35%, but I nearly doubled his grade to a 60. Does a 60 look better on the report card? Of course it does. It probably makes the parent feel like their kid isn't doing that bad. I felt morally wrong changing kids grade to a better grade, even though a 60 is still failing. Parents need to know the exact grade their child has so that they can help him/her improve. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment