Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Screaming

Screaming at kids is never fun. I've been told many, many times by my mentor that I can't scream at the kids because they will stop listening to you once you start screaming. I understand that. However, if I have a bunch of kids doing the wrong thing, a simple, "Stop doing that," in a calm voice will do nothing to stop them. Screaming will get their attention. I screamed about 5 times today... BEFORE THE BELL RANG AT 7:45!!! My kids do not know when enough is enough. They do not care about incentives, rewards, or punishments. It has no affect on them. It's depressing and beyond frustrating. It clearly shows I'm a terrible classroom manager no matter what anyone else says to me. I hate hearing excuses like, "It's ok, you're a new teacher. You will learn the tricks and get better. It's because their home life isn't good and their parents don't discipline them." Kids need to know how to behave and when to turn off their voices and bitterness towards everyone and everything. I understand the horrible saying, "Kids will be kids", but my class is off the chain. I almost feel like they are worse than last years class. It's nuts! Deeeeeeeep breaths. Tomorrow is a new day. Deeeeeeeep breaths!

No comments:

Post a Comment