Saturday, November 1, 2014

Paul McCartney

My parents saw Paul McCartney in Albany on July 5. For those of you who have never heard of Paul McCartney, where have you been? He was a member of the most famous band ever, The Beatles. I saw that he was coming to Greensboro on October 30. My mom didn't want me to go because Greensboro is 2 hours away from me and the concert was going to start at 8 and it was going to be a 3 hour show. I kept checking for tickets the entire week leading up to the concert. Thursday wasn't a great day at school. After school, I vented to my mentor for over an hour. I then saw that tickets were a price I was willing to pay. I got in my car to go home from work, and the first song on the radio was "Come Together" by The Beatles. It was a sign that I had to go to the concert. I got home, bought my ticket, got gas, and was on my way to Greensboro less than three hours before the show started. I got there at 7:30 and they weren't letting anyone in yet. They started letting people in at 7:45 and the show didn't start until 8:40. My seat was very close to being behind the stage. It was still a good seat though. Paul McCartney is 72 years old and doesn't look it at all. His voice sounds exactly the same as it did 50 years ago. I've seen older singers and you can tell their voices are raspy and not as strong. Not with Paul. He played 39 songs for almost three hours! He was absolutely incredible and worth every penny I paid, even though I paid almost double face value. I am so happy I decided to go. I didn't get home until 1:20AM then had to work a few hours later, but it was absolutely worth it. Paul McCartney is a legend and I was honored to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment