Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Medication, Faltulence, and IBS

No, I am not a doctor. However, over the last few days I have almost felt like one during these parent teacher conferences. I have learned more about my kids than I ever wanted to know. I learned that probably 75% of my kids are on some sort of medication for ADHD, ADD, ODD, depression, biploar disease, and anything else under the sun. A mother told me that her boy was being bullied saying the other kid was saying he smells. I actually used the word flatulence to that parent, because her boy does fart a lot in my class. I have another student who has IBS and needs to go to the bathroom all of the time to the point where at times when he stands up, it just comes out. Those are just a few of the interesting conversations I have had with parents recently. It will be exciting to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment