Sunday, February 1, 2015

What Great Teachers Do Differently

My principal has us reading this book. We had to read the first 5 chapters for our staff meeting tomorrow. I have several teacher strategy books. All of them are dry and boring, this one included. I generally don't like these books. This one is the few I have read word for word so far. I really don't like this book because the author, who was a teacher and principal himself, sounds like he's talking down to us. He tells us what to do differently, but doesn't tell us how to do it differently. "Don't ever use sarcasm or yell at your kids. That makes you a poor teacher." I guess I'm a poor teacher. I don't even want to read the rest of this book, but know I have to eventually for my principal. We will see what other people think of this book when we discuss it at our faculty meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment