Sunday, April 19, 2015

How do I write my books?

Whenever I tell people I have written books, I almost always hear, "I've always wanted to write a book." How do I write my books? It's rather simple. Well, it's not. I just write them one word at a time. My biggest advice is to write what you know. Of course you can write fiction. 3 of my 4 books are fiction. However, I wrote about what I knew...school. Come up with a title, outline the book, write it, edit it, edit it, edit it, edit it, edit it, have a friend edit it, have a family member edit it, edit it again, then when you think it's perfect, edit it again, have a friend edit it, then edit it again, and edit it 17 more times, then again edit it, and then edit it, then it might be good to publish. It's that simple! haha. I don't know if I have the courage or emotional stability to write a book to prepare first year teachers for what they are about to experience. If I did and found the right publisher, I bet it would sell really well. I don't care how much college you go to, nothing prepares you for teaching until you actually get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment