Friday, April 3, 2015

Not Productive Work Day

I love teacher work days because I typically get a lot done. Unfortunately, that was not the case today. Today's work day was scheduled for 8-2. I was fairly productive until about 10. At that point, out of nowhere, the electricity went out. Then a teacher yelled for someone to call 911. A pick up truck had run into a power pole and the traffic light at the intersection of our school. The truck was on its side. Within minutes, firefighters, EMS, and police were there. They had to break the glass, then cut off the roof to get the guy out. Thankfully he was alright. We didn't do work for at least half an hour to watch what was going on. After that, we couldn't make copies or go on the Internet or anything. My friends and I went to lunch and because of power outages on that street, the traffic was intense. It took us over an hour and a half to have our lunch break. By the time we got back, the principal was walking out the door. We just caught him in time. All of our stuff was still in our classrooms. I had so much to do today but unfortunately because of something out of my control, I didn't get to most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment