Tuesday, August 26, 2014

1st Day

I survived my first day! Man am I tired! I did a lot of talking with rules and expectations and luckily the kids did not! That's a far cry from last years kids. They were very quiet, polite, and friendly. I know that it's only because it was the first day. I'm sure their true selves will come to life once school really gets underway. However, I definitely love my group of kids already and can tell they will be a lot of fun. I just need to keep going over the rules and expectations of all routines and procedures. Once it is drilled into their heads, behavior problems should be kept to a minimum. I had 18 of my 22 kids show up. We have high military turnover, so there is a good chance that those 4 won't show up and that I'll get many new ones throughout the year. That is going to be one of many challenges I will face this year. It's going to be one interesting and exhausting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment