Saturday, August 9, 2014

Food

As I'm sure you have figured out by now, my life revolves around food. I love food and eat a lot of it. Cruises are known to have amazing food. We stayed at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale before we went on the ship. They gave us food vouchers so we could eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. The food was terrible. Our "dessert" was pudding. The food had no flavor and the selection was abysmal. I was able to stomach most of it and eat a lot because I have no self control when it comes to buffets. Before we got on the ship, we had to choose where we were going to eat both nights. One night we chose a sit down restaurant and the other was I believe a buffet. We didn't make it to the sit down the first night because we were busy with, um, exploring other things the ship had to offer. The second day, my friend said that we had to go to the nice restaurant for the $30 dinner because he needed a good meal. I didn't argue there even though I hate spending money because I was less than pleased with the food too. Even at the Bahamas for our all inclusive beach day the buffet at that hotel was dreadful. The $30 meal however, was amazing! We each had the 9 ounce Filet Mignon. I kid you not when I say it was one of the best steaks I have ever had in my life. It was juicy, tender, moist, and cooked to perfection. I was so full from the other food but forced myself to eat all of the steak because I didn't want it to go to waste and it was that good. Even though the food besides the meal we paid for was terrible, I ate way too much of it and I'm sure I gained a ridiculous amount of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment