Monday, August 25, 2014

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for since 6th grade. It is my first day as an elementary school teacher. Yes, I officially started in January of this year. However, I consider this the start of my career because I felt like a long term substitute last year. Also, I get to start at the beginning of the year so I can set the tone right away. I am very excited, but incredibly nervous. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous. I have had more support already this year than I had all of last year combined. I have substitute taught many times and have watched many teachers teach. I think I'm so nervous because I lack confidence in my classroom management. I need to show confidence because I know the kids will eat me up if they see the nerves coming from me. I'm not going to sleep tonight so that won't help tomorrow morning. We will see how it goes tomorrow and go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment