Saturday, September 13, 2014

Special Guest

The afternoon after I taught the kids about 9-11, I got a parent call. Her first words were, "I heard you taught the kids about 9-11." My thoughts were, great, a parent complaint already. "I wish you would have told me. My step father was one of the first responders when the plane crashed in Pennsylvania." She then told me the story. I thought it was so cool! Her step dad emailed me pictures and she came in yesterday and explained the pictures to the kids. Then we got her step dad on speaker phone and he answered the kids questions. The kids weren't very excited just because they still don't understand the significance of 9-11. I was so excited. I had never talked to anyone who played a huge role in the clean up of 9-11. He found the driver's license of one of the hijackers! How crazy is that? That was by far the coolest lesson I've ever given. Too bad I appreciated it more than the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment