Sunday, March 9, 2014

My 1st NHL Game

The first NHL game I went to was many years ago. It was an exhibition game. I don't count that. I went to the NY Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes game this past Friday. I think this was the first sporting event I have ever been to that I didn't have a rooting interest in. I don't like either team, but went anyway to have fun. The first two periods were boring. The score was 1-0 Hurricanes. Period 3 was exciting. Rangers tied it up at 1. Then Hurricanes scored to make it 2-1 on a penalty shot. Penalty shots are a ton of fun to watch. Shortly after, Rangers tied it up at 2. Then they took the lead 3-2 with about 3 minutes left to play. They scored one more time on an empty net to win 4-2. My friend was happy since he is a Rangers fan. I look forward to going to another NHL game in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment