Saturday, May 17, 2014

5 Years Ago

5 years ago on this date, May 17, 2009, I graduated from SUNY Potsdam with my undergraduate degree. I cannot believe I graduated college 5 years ago! It has gone by very quickly. I never predicted that I would be where I am now. If you had told me after I graduated that in 5 years I would have 4 self-published books and I'd have a teaching job in North Carolina, I would have told you that you were nuts. I never thought I would spontaneously fly down to North Carolina for a job interview and then move one month later. I had no idea I'd write books. I thought I was going to have a teaching job near home in New York. I normally have tentative plans for the future. I can tell you that I have absolutely no idea where I'll be in 5 years when I'm talking about me graduating college 10 years ago. I have no idea what I'll be doing after this school year. I'll just take things one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment