Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Donating to Children and Troops

A few minutes ago, someone rang my doorbell several times and knocked on my door a lot. I figured it was a friend so I answered my door. No stranger would continuously ring your doorbell and knock on your door many times, right? Wrong. I answered the door and some lady starts rambling on about how she needs points to get a trip overseas for something or other. She gets points if I buy magazines for the troops. I let her do her spiel and then I told her that I don't have money to donate. She said they can't accept donations, it's for the kids and troops. I said, yes, a donation of magazines coming from my money. This is the second time someone has come to my door trying to get me to buy magazines so they could have money for something. Sorry, I'm not willing to spend money so you can go on vacation. I'll attempt to save money so I can go on vacation myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment