Monday, May 12, 2014

Slow Cooker Fail

You can't burn anything in a slow cooker, right? Wrong! Whenever I cook pulled pork in the slow cooker, I typically put it in around 10-11PM before I go to bed. I put it in with soda and some spices so it can break down. Then around 12 the next day, I drain it, shred the meat, then put BBQ sauce in it and stir often until dinner. Yesterday, I put my pork in with soda and spices at 2:30. Before I went to bed, I shred it and put in BBQ sauce and didn't touch it until this morning. I walk over to the slow cooker this morning and see the meat was pitch black and crusted to the pot. I was not happy! I have been soaking the pot for over an hour. I'm not looking forward to trying to get the burned meat off. Oh well, you live and you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment