Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Master Pencil Sharpener

First graders break their pencil points a lot. First graders take forever at the pencil sharpener so that they can waste time. First graders aren't strong enough to use the pencil sharpener on the wall. My first graders broke the electric pencil sharpener that I bought. Therefore, whenever they "break" their pencil, I make them give me the pencil so I can sharpen it. I am not lying to you when I say I probably sharpen 20-30 pencils each day. Each student magically loses their pencil overnight. Each morning, the pencils somehow don't have a point anymore. This year, I have definitely spent more time sharpening pencils and attempting to get my class to behave than I have taught. Oh well. I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment