Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's Official

As many of you know, I've had quite a tumultuous start to my teaching career in first grade. Before I flew to North Carolina for an interview, I knew it was a first grade position. I also knew that I didn't want to teach first grade. I've always wanted to work with the older kids. I also knew I was in no position to turn down a job offered to me. I have learned a lot while teaching first grade. However, starting next year, I am moving to a school just 3 miles from my current home. I will be teaching 4th grade. I am not officially teaching just ELA yet, but more than likely will be. I will be saving a ton of money on gas and I will be teaching a grade I feel more comfortable in. It was a win-win situation. I have 11 more days of school with my 1st graders. I will miss them, but I'm extremely excited for next school year to begin. I'm thrilled that I get to start the year in the August when the kids start instead of January. That was by far the most challenging part of this move. Now I'll be moving on to bigger and better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment