Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hooky Fail

A few weeks ago I talked about how I really wanted to take a mental health day but I just didn't feel right to take a day off to do nothing. Yesterday afternoon, I finally decided to man up and take a day to myself. I have had a sore throat and running nose for over a week now. I wanted a day away from the kids to relax. However, I woke up this morning with a worse sore throat and cold than ever. I decided to call a doctor and try to get an appointment for today. I first went to get the crack in my window fixed. The guy turned on the AC in my car to cool off the glass and the crack spidered. They had to replace the entire windshield. Unfortunately, I don't have full glass coverage and they didn't have a new piece of glass. I'll be getting the glass fixed next Tuesday and I'll have to pay the deductible. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then I went to the doctor and was there for about an hour and a half. All the doctor said was that I have slight inflammation of the throat and it's probably just a virus. He prescribed me mouth wash for $28 but I passed on that. I'll ride it out. I planned on relaxing today on my planned day off. Instead, I went to the doctor's and failed at getting my windshield fixed. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment