Thursday, December 11, 2014

1 Year Ago on This Date

My life changed drastically on December 11, 2013. That was the day that I flew down to North Carolina and had an "interview" for a 1st grade teaching position. I put interview in quotes because it was more like the principal asking me a few questions that he could have answered by reading my resume and then hiring me. I flew down to North Carolina and back to New York in that day. One year later, I switched jobs to another district and grade level in North Carolina. I have made an amazing group of new friends. I have had so many frustrations during my year of teaching. But I've also had so many more amazing moments that you have read on my blogs. I've seen Billy Joel, Tom Petty, and Paul McCartney while being down here. I've been to three hockey games, two UNC games, a Duke game, an NC State college football game, the NCAA tournament, and saw a practice round and three rounds of the U. S. Open for free! I went on a cruise in August, have gone to Myrtle Beach 4 times, and been to Carowinds amusement park. I published my 3rd "The Teacher That..." book and have consistently sold well over 100 books a month for 12 straight months! I've had more fun this year than I've ever had before. Ever since I took that risk to fly down to North Carolina for the interview one year ago and take the job, I've decided I'm going to continue to take risks, be spontaneous, and take every opportunity I can. I want to live life to the fullest. I believe that this year is proof that I have. It's been a wild year. If someone told me on December 5, 2013 that one week later I'd have a teaching job in North Carolina, I would have told them they were on something. December 6 was the day the opportunity came up and that next month was all a blur. I can't believe how much I have accomplished this year. I'm excited to see what the next year brings. I don't have a clue what's in store next!

No comments:

Post a Comment