Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Power Out

Today was just a very strange day. I live about 3 miles from the school. I take a right and then at the light about a mile down the road, I take a left and the school is 2 miles down the road on the left. I took my right this morning and noticed bumper to bumper traffic going the other way. That never happens at 6:30AM. It was also pitch black and foggy. As I get to the light to take a left, there was an accident ahead of me. Maybe that's what caused the traffic. The road leading to school was fine. I walk into school and we have some power. Some lights worked and others didn't. I learned that there was a bigger accident down the road where a car hit a power pole and flipped over. Shortly after the kids came in, many late due to insane traffic, all of the lights went out for about an hour. Teachers thought we would be lucky and they would close school. Nope. They fixed the power and the day went on as usual. I later learned that the insane traffic was due to the fact that Fort Bragg was doing extreme checks of every car. I heard there were delays of over 4 hours. That's insane! It was just an odd way to start the day and of course it made the kids even more off than they always are...

No comments:

Post a Comment