Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fireplace

This is my second apartment I have lived in and my second fireplace. I didn't touch the fireplace in my old apartment. My friends want me to start a fire when they come over next week for dinner. I was told I had to use a chimney cleaning log first. I bought that today and am currently burning it. I hope this isn't a preview of what's to come next week with a real starter log. It has been burning for about an hour and a half and the smoke is pouring all over the apartment. I have the windows open and the fans on. It hasn't done anything. My eyes are watering because they are burning! On the bright side, the fire alarm hasn't gone off. I hope this doesn't put a permanent stench into my furniture and clothes. I've never used a fireplace before but I'm not very happy with the start! We will see how next Wednesday goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment