Thursday, January 15, 2015

Life of a Teacher

When we work from 7AM-4PM and then come home and grade papers and make lesson plans, it's exhausting. When we work all day then come back to work to present to parents from 6-7:30 like I did today, it's even more draining. Of course we don't get paid overtime for this. I know many people will yell at me and say I have summers off. Fine. You can use that argument. Why don't you try teaching the future day in and day out when they give you attitude, don't listen to you, do whatever they feel like doing, sit there and do nothing, when you don't get parent support, when the kids come in with more baggage than you have ever dealt with in your life, when you are distracted by phone calls, parent walks ins while trying to teach, assemblies, paper work, etc. Then tell me about my summers off. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching. But man is it tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment