Monday, January 19, 2015

History

Charleston, South Carolina has so much history on every corner you turn. Yesterday, we added our own bit of history. My friend proposed to his girlfriend of seven years. I played a huge role in that. I had to hide puzzle pieces for a scavenger hunt. I nearly messed up the final puzzle piece. I was supposed to place it under a statue at a park. I couldn't find the statue because there were several around. Moments before his now fiance came to that clue, I found where it needed to go and ran away as quickly as possible. It worked out perfectly. Besides that excitement, the city was amazing. It was very old-fashioned. We took a tour of the jailhouse which is said to be haunted. The history of that jail was incredible to hear, but I don't believe in ghosts and spirits or stuff like that so the tour wasn't as scary for me as it was for some people. We did a lot of walking around and the weekend could not have had better weather. It was between 55-65 each day in January. I loved it! We might go back again during spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment