Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Trying to Get Points

I bought a new credit card a few weeks ago. It's a Southwest credit card. I have to pay $69 a year for it. The things you buy earn points towards a free Southwest flight. The promotion they are running is if I spend $2,000 in three months, they will give me 50,000 points. That's pretty much enough for a free flight. I was told by the apartment manager that I could set up auto pay for my rent with my credit card. I tried and I can't. They only allow echeck to be auto pay. If I paid credit card individually by month, I'd have to pay $21 extra each time. No thanks! The lady suggested I paid with my credit card for a money order since that is only 70 cents. I'm trying to avoid extra fees. However, 70 cents isn't bad and I really want to spend $2,000 so I can get my 50,000 points. There's no way I'm spending $2,000 in 3 months on my credit card if I don't use it for rent. I gotta get those savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment