Sunday, January 11, 2015

Not a Good Day for the Lamps

I officially moved into my new place yesterday. It went much more smoothly than I expected. I got the U-Haul at about 9AM and got right to work with loading the truck. On only the second trip downstairs, we carried the mattress. All of a sudden, we heard a crash. We hit a lamp cover with the mattress and it shattered. Oops! It was on the outside of my old place. Oh well. Then we had to break apart he lamp I had. When I put it back together, it wouldn't turn on. I checked the cord and it ripped. It wasn't a good day for lamps! Other than that, the only other minor issues were a few small scratches on furniture. It went really well. My arms are killing me and I'm exhausted but I have amazing friends. Everything is pretty much put away except a few minor things. I will be doing that throughout the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment