Friday, December 13, 2013

Editing

Editing is not easy. I edited the first 10 chapters of my book numerous times. Once NaNo started, I edited a few chapters after writing them, then stopped doing that altogether. I focused on the writing. Once NaNo was over, I edited all of the chapters I wrote during NaNo. Then I started editing my book from the beginning again. I am still finding grammar errors and words I typed wrong even though I edited a lot. I sent the book to my mom. She picked up mistakes that I still missed again! It's very frustrating but very obvious to me that more than my four eyes need to look at my book. Our minds are trained to read the book the way we want it to sound. After reading it many, many times, the mind won't pick up mistakes. That's why I'm happy I have sent it to a few people to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment