Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Music vs. Talking

Whenever I do work on my computer, whether it be at home or at school, I have to have music playing in the background. I don't care if it's my iTunes, iHeart radio, or YouTube. I need something going on while I do my work. I can't have silence. It's too quiet for me. However, if there are people talking in the background, I can't focus. My mind focuses on the conversation happening. It's strange that I can focus with music happening in the background but not when people are talking. My newspaper club students like listening to music while writing (even though they blast it through their headphones and everyone can hear it). I told them I had no problem with it. However, they talk a lot too. I have no idea how they can focus while listening to music, talking, and typing. I guess everyone's different. I would not have been able to write this post if music weren't playing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment