Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Mighty Ducks

We broke our Christmas Eve tradition this year. We did not watch a VHS. We watched a DVD. However, we watched a very popular film from when I was a little kid, The Mighty Ducks. That is one thing we do on Christmas Eve, watch old movies from our childhood. This movie is a typical Disney sports film. It's a classic. Whenever I make references to it at school, none of the kids know what I'm talking about! It makes me very sad. I remember we watched this movie with the kids in summer camp about 7 years ago. None of the kids enjoyed it but the counselors did. I don't understand how kids now know the movie The Sandlot but not The Mighty Ducks. They are both classic sports movies from when I was a kid. I think next year we are going to watch Little Giants. This was shockingly my moms suggestion. She is someone who hates football and hates most movies. Interesting. I love our Christmas Eve tradition that's been going on for five years already.

No comments:

Post a Comment