Friday, August 2, 2013

Chickens

This morning, my mom told me to come downstairs because I had to see something. In our lawn, inches away from us, were three chickens! They didn't run away from people like birds, squirrels, and other outdoor animals do. Apparently someone in the other development has those exact type of chickens, but those weren't his! My mom and neighbor decided to let them go because besides pooping in our yard, they weren't causing any problems. We have had some strange animals in our yard before, but never chickens. We have had foxes, raccoons, of course skunks, and even a deer once. We often get several wild turkeys hanging out in our backyard in the fall time too. This is the first time I've seen chickens in our yard. I watched them cross the road to get to our yard. Why did the chicken cross the road? haha. You never know what's going to show up in your backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment