Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fatherly Instincts, or not

While at my aunts house, my cousin visited from Buffalo. She of course brought her husband and her 4 month old baby. When she first came to visit in May, I didn't have the opportunity to hold her newborn. This time, I finally had the chance to hold her for a little bit...literally. What a mistake that was. Note: I held the baby during her cranky time of day. I held her and she let out a scream that her mother had never heard before. She tried to push me away from her, at 4 months old! I was nervous I was going to lose my grip on her. Luckily I didn't, but I quickly transferred her to my aunt, who apparently knows how to hold babies. This baby shut up immediately. It must have been something I did. I don't know. Her mother says since it was her cranky time, she didn't recognize my smell and didn't want me holding her. It was 5PM, I'm sure I stunk pretty badly. I guess it's a good thing I don't plan on having kids any time soon. I think this event has scarred me for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment