Sunday, August 4, 2013

Construction

The grocery store I so happily work at is going through some major renovations. They finally started in March, after saying they were going to start about two years ago. The plan on being finished in December. Every time I work I hear a different rumor from an employee or five about what is happening and when. I heard our aisles were supposed to be wider. They have started tearing up the tiles on the floor, put new flooring down, and redoing the aisles. They look even more narrow than before! They are also expanding the store to take over part of the next store. It's already a big store, why make it bigger? It has greatly affected business. Sunday's used to be busy all of the time. Now it's rarely too busy. Competition has also affected our business. That's probably why we are renovating the store. I am excited to see the finished product. I think it will be insanely busy for a month or two after the remodel is done, then die down again. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment