Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cover Songs

I can't stand how many "artists" these days redo the exact song that an artist in the 70's or 80's did. I can think of way too many examples of this, but won't name any. I remember I think 2 years ago, I heard a 5th grader start singing "Straight up" by Paula Abdul. I was shocked he knew the song. I said, "You know who Paula Abdul is?" He said, "Who?" Then I said, "The song you are singing is by Paula Abdul. Wait, it must be a cover song by some horrible rapper." I looked it up and it was a song redone by some rapper. It's sad that singers can't come up with original ideas anymore. It's the same thing in the movie business. They redo movies done in the 70's. Of course I've never seen movies from the 70's but I'd prefer to see an original idea. Oh well. It's only going to get worse. The reason I'm writing this very early is because I have a busy night tonight and then I leave early for my 7 day cruise tomorrow! This is my last blog post until at least next Sunday. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment