Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sometimes, I Wish...

I was 6' 10" tall. On a day like today, I needed to be much taller. The PGA Championship was expectedly jam packed with people. It was incredibly hard to find a spot by the green to see the players putt. I wold often see them putt, but would not see the hole itself. If I saw the ball disappear, I knew it went in the hole. If I heard loud cheering, I knew it went in the hole. If I were 6' 10" tall, I'd have no problem seeing everything. The coolest part about today was being literally inches away from some of the biggest names in the sport. I saw Tiger Woods in person and illegally got a few pictures of him and some other players. I wasn't very close to him though. 6 players I was very close to were Bubba Watson, Lee Westwood, Tim Clark, Martin Kaymer, Vijay Singh, and one of my favorite players, Rory McIlroy. I didn't get to see Phil Mickelson play at all. That was upsetting. We were up at 6AM, at the course around 7:30, didn't leave until 4:30, and got home at 9:30. Overall, it was quite a long, exhausting, yet fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment