Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Port Canaveral

We were at Port Canaveral on Wednesday from 7AM-6PM. We got up at 7 to do our excursion at 8:30. We were supposed to go to Kennedy Space Center. When we got off the ship, they told us that there was a water main break at the center and our excursion was cancelled. Ouch. What were we going to do? We didn't really have many options. We had very little time to decide. We chose an excursion where we would take an airboat tour and then shop. Our original excursion was $100 for 7 hours. This one was $90 for 4.5 hours. They gave us a 20% discount for the inconvenience, so $72. The airboat was awesome! We went searching for alligators and found a few. Then we got to eat alligator tail. It's a little chewy but of course it tastes like chicken. I then got to hold an alligator. It felt cold and leathery. After that, we shopped for about 2 hours in Cocoa Village. That was boring. There were very few shops and what was open was all garbage that no one buys anyway. Half of the excursion was great, the other half stunk. It definitely wasn't worth the $72, yet along $90. Oh well, we didn't have much of a choice and I ended up saving $28 so it's all good. At dinner, I tried a shark and lobster cake for appetizer. It was gross. I then did karaoke where I stupidly sang "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel. The song was way too high for me. The karaoke host then asked me if I wanted to sing Elton John in the legends show they have on the last day of the cruise because they had no one to sing him. I was able to bypass the auditions and sing if I wanted to. I thought about it for awhile then decided, what the heck? I was given the lyrics and an MP3 player to practice. Then we went to the show, "Jazzin'" which was pretty good. Late that night, I was starting to feel motion sickness. I had never felt that on my previous cruises. I went to bed early that night, 12. That's very late for me normally, but early on this cruise. Next time, I'll talk about Nassau.

No comments:

Post a Comment