Friday, August 9, 2013

When is Good not Good Enough?

I was asked this question today. I had to repeat the question out loud to make sure I was interpreting it correctly. My response to the people that asked me that question was: always. Good is never good enough. I don't try to be good at anything. I strive for greatness. I don't want my students to be good. I want them to be great. I give 100% effort into everything I do. I expect the same from my students. Why do anything if you only want to be good at it? I don't want to be a good teacher. I want to be a great teacher. Why settle for good when you can be great? If you're mentality is to only be good at something, you won't even be that. You need to push yourself and put in lots of effort into everything you do. You can get only as much as you put into life. Go out there and be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment