Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Apartment vs. House

There are pros and cons to living in an apartment and living in a house. Pros of living in an apartment: There's not as much space to clean. I don't have to mow the lawn, rake the leaves, shovel, or do any other yard work. If there is something in the apartment that isn't mine that isn't working, they will fix it for free. My owner probably hates me because I have had the screen door fixed, the dryer replaced, and garbage disposal fixed (it doesn't work again), and now my toilet doesn't fill with water all of the way. It's a pain to call someone to fix those things, but then again, I'll deal with it because it's free! Cons: I am putting money into nothing. I pay rent each month and that money goes nowhere. Neighbors are really close to you, which can sometimes be a problem. Any problems with the road leading to my apartment get fixed on North Carolina time (whenever they feel like it). The pool took forever to get fixed. Speed bumps. Pros of living in a house: a mortgage payment goes towards owning the house. You can do whatever you want to it because it's yours. Cons: You have to mow the lawn, rake, shovel, and fix up anything that's wrong in the house. Anything that's broken and needs to be fixed professionally will cost a lot of money. I can't think of anything else right now but I'm sure there are many more pros and cons of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment