Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Flying vs. Driving

I'm not sure which one is better. I live about 700 miles away. I purposely make the drive in 2 days because I have friends and family in Virginia which is almost exactly the halfway point. I'm not sure which one is cheaper. I can typically fly round trip for about $400. When I drive, I have to fill up 2 or 3 times for about $60 each time. Then there are an insane amount of tolls that probably cost about $50-75. It's cheaper, but much more stressful to drive. The traffic from accidents and construction is so annoying and stressful. It took me 8 hours to get somewhere that should have taken 6 yesterday. Today wasn't as bad. I drove 330 miles in 5 hours and 20 minutes without stopping once, which is rare because my bladder is small. Flying is stressful because you have to go through security and then wait forever on the plane, then wait forever for your bags. I've thought about driving from NC to NY in one day, but then I get stuck and traffic and think twice about it. I should have booked my flight for December a few weeks ago before the prices went up! If I fly home, I don't have my car, but it is much quicker to get home. There are definitely pros and cons to driving and flying home.

No comments:

Post a Comment