Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Horse Racing Hall of Fame

Before I moved to North Carolina, I lived about 25 minutes from Saratoga Race Course. That is the oldest track in the nation. Every summer, I'd go about 4-5 times out of the 40 days that have racing at Saratoga. The hall of fame is about a mile away from the track. Believe it or not, I had never been there until today. It was really nice. It had a ton of neat information I didn't know. However, it had one huge factual error. On the plaque of Seattle Slew, who was the 1977 triple crown winner, it said that he was the 11th triple crown winner. There have only been 11 winners. The 11th winner was Affirmed in 1978. I just emailed the hall of fame to let them know of the error. Hopefully they will fix the plaque because it's embarrassing to have a factual error like that for everyone to see. Other than that, we only spent 2 hours there, which wasn't enough time. We had to go though because we were going to the track and the races were about to start. I would definitely go back there again and hopefully spend more time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment