Friday, July 4, 2014

Firecracker 4 Miler

I did my first 4 mile race today. It started in pretty much the same spot it did last race I ran. I had to go up the same massive hill I did last race. Only this time, it was about a quarter mile after the start. One thing I liked about this race was that there were plenty of arrows throughout the course telling me where to go. They also had a mile marker for mile 1, 2, and 3 and water at each of those mile marks. There were 484 runners in this race! That's about 2 and a half times more people than I am used to. My goal was 32 minutes which is 8 minutes a mile. I was hoping to get top 3 in my age group of 25-29 but I didn't get anywhere near that. I ended up getting 76th out of 484 with a time of 32:18. I was really happy with my time because I felt like I was going slower than that pace and I didn't walk at all. I got 16th out of 35 in my age group. The winning time was 21:00. I probably finished about 2.5 miles when the first place finisher completed the race. I will never run a 4 mile race that fast! There are plenty more runs in the near future I can sign up for but I don't have any booked yet. We will see which one I do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment