Friday, August 3, 2012

Handicapping horse races

Everyone has their own hobbies.  I happen to love handicapping the horse races, not only the ones at Saratoga, but all of the big races, too.  What's handicapping horse races mean?  It means I get sheets on the horses in each race.  Each sheet has information on how each horse has performed in the past.  It has how fast they went, what their times were, how long the race was, who got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in that race, what place they were in throughout the entire race, how many 1st, 2nd, and 3rds they have in their career, and more.  I find it extremely exciting to try to crack the code and figure out who will be on top in a race.  Obviously, I bet the horses that I think can win the race.  Even if I pick the winner and only win a little bit of money, I am satisfied because I was able to solve the problem.  Tomorrow, I am going to the track and will try to pick winners for 12 races.  That's no easy feat!  I have already started looking at the 10th and featured race.  There are 9 horses in the race.  Right now, there are 5 horses who I think have a chance at winning.  Now I have to figure out the order those 5 will come in.  It won't be easy, but I will have fun trying to figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment