Tuesday, August 7, 2012

You ever feel like you got nothing accomplished even though you did a lot?

That basically sums up how I feel today.  After work, I got a lot done.  Even during work I was able to complete many rooms that needed to be set up.  I even asked my principal for some books she recommended that I read to help me for interviews.  After work, I read and was out in the sun and did other things I wanted to do.  About an hour and a half ago, I came upstairs to write the next chapter in my book.  That didn't happen.  Instead, I got stuck on Facebook looking at posts from people on one of my friend's walls.  He died last November at age 25 after battling Multiple Sclerosis for over 15 years.  Although I didn't work on my book, I was able to look at all the wonderful things people said about him.  It made me think, what would people say about me?  That's what stinks about dying.  People don't say nice things about you to your face.  They only say it after you pass away.  People should take a few minutes each day and tell people what they like about them.  Will those people think you are crazy?  Probably, but the sad truth is that you never know when today could be your last day or there's.  It's a very scary thought, but unfortunately the truth.  Okay, enough sad thoughts.  My cruise is in less than 13 days!  Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment