Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Todays Topic: Thoughts

Once again, I came upstairs just now to write here and I had no title or anything thought up to write about.  Then, I got thinking.  Why don't I write about thoughts!  It kind of sounds like Seinfelds show about nothing.  We all have thoughts.  We all talk in our head all day, everyday.  We probably think about anything and everything.  Unfortunately, some people don't have a filter, and will spill their thoughts right away before processing them.  Some things they say might be hurtful towards that person or people.  I tell my students that they need filters.  A filter will leave the bad thoughts on the inside and will not let them come out.  I also tell them that they can think any thought that they want to think.  It can be the worst possible thought imaginable.  However, they really need to think  about whether or not that thought should be said out loud or not.  That's the problem with social networking and technology these days.  Kids will say horrible things about people through Faceook or texting because it's a lot easier than saying it in to their face.  We aren't communicating enough in person with each other.  Unfortunately, that will get worse and worse as technology continues to grow.  So I say, keep thinking like we always do and always will do.  Maybe someone's thoughts will be a cure for cancer!  Who knows?  I know you have never heard this before... think before you act.

No comments:

Post a Comment