Sunday, August 5, 2012

Yes, more horse racing talk

I didn't write much about how amazing Saratoga is yesterday.  When you watch a race live at the track, it doesn't matter if you bet a specific horse or not.  You will start screaming with everyone else.  The adrenaline rushes through your body, especially if the horse you bet is winning.  30,000 plus people standing om their feet, screaming for horses to run faster brings goosebumps all over your body.  The one downside of everyone screaming at once is you can't hear Tom Durkin, the guy who calls the races, yelling out who is winning and who is chasing the winning horse.  In yesterdays 10th race, I knew my horse won.  I had no idea who got 2nd.  I had 2 horses that I wanted to get 2nd.  Unfortunately, they came in 3rd and 4th and I just missed out.  Normally you can see the numbers while the horses are running.  However, they all came so fast and it was a photo finish for second.  Therefore, I couldn't tell what horse got second.  I went on the rail for the race before that to watch the race in person, instead of on TV in the park like I did the other races.  That's thrilling too because you are right there, feet away from the running horses.  The outcome wasn't good to me for that race.  Today, I made more bets and once again, feel just short of big cashes.  That's the way my Saratoga meet has been going so far.  I have at least 5 different bets that I have made that I lost by mere inches. Needless to say, its beyond frustrating.  I know I can't win every race.  But in the words of former Jets coach Herm Edwards, "Hello, you play to win the game!  You don't play to just play it!"  Every bet I make, I feel like I can win.  Sooner or later, they have to come out my way...right?  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment