Thursday, August 9, 2012

Respect

While I was at work today, I had to ask my principal where computers went.  They were not in the room where they were supposed to be.  She told me where they went and how they got there.  She said that the room was being used by some program that is being run at the school.  A counselor came up to her and said something like, "You need to move those computers from the room because I don't want the kids to break them."  My principal responded, "Hello I'm (name).   I'm the principal here."  He then said the same thing again.  She responds something like, "You are in charge of them.  Therefore, you should make sure nothing gets broken."  She was obviously very upset.  I can't believe someone would talk to someone that way, especially someone they don't know.  He could have easily said, "Hi, I am (name) working with the (blah blah) program.  I was wondering if you could move the computers because I don't want the kids to touch them."  I can guarantee that if that person were looking for a teaching job, my principal would definitely not give him the time of day.  First impressions are everything.  I was shocked when I heard that story.  If I were to say something like that to her, I am positive I would be looking for another job in a different district.  People really need to learn how to talk to one another appropriately.  Then, everyone would respect each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment